Your overall responsibility is to clean and maintain the guestrooms to the hotel standards while ensuring guest satisfaction. Hours of work vary between 3 to 9 hour shifts based on hotel occupancy. The hours of work will be anywhere between 8:30am-7pm and all candidates must be available weekends/holidays if needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strip and make all beds in guest rooms according to company standards
- Clean all washrooms in guest rooms according to company standards
- Properly vacuum complete carpet area in guest rooms
- Any maintenance problems to be reported to front desk immediately
- Any room damages to be reported to housekeeping supervisor immediately
- Report any unusual activity on you assigned floor to Housekeeper or Front Desk immediately
- Help laundry as required
- Proper stocking and maintaining of your cart at all times
- Always close drapes, turn off lights and sign check sheets when room is completed
- Double check drawers and cupboards to ensure nothing was left behind by guest
- Any items left by guest must be turned into Lost and Found immediately
- All rooms to be cleaned according to company standards
- Ensure room literature is properly placed in rooms
- Advise housekeeper team lead or supervisor of any outstanding DND rooms after 2:00 p.m.
- Cleaning of public areas if needed.
- Always conscientious of Health and Safety when performing duties
- Helps co-workers when need arises
- Performs extra duties from time to time when need arises
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Flexibility to work any day of the week
- Previous cleaning experience an asset
- Must be polite, courteous, and customer focused
- Hardworking, reliable, and a team player
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team or independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform duties while standing and/ or walking for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to lift weights up to 30 lbs, push and pull heavy equipment such as cleaning carts and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stretch, and lift while performing duties.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants, cleaning agents, and chemicals.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- London, ON (Required)