This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Inuvik.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
The NTHSSA administers all regional health and social services delivered through the Inuvik Regional Hospital (IRH) a 51 in-patient bed accredited facility, 8 Community Health Centres; and seventeen other sites, including social services and dental therapy office, public health clinic, elder’s facilities, and various group homes. The NTHSSA provides and support the delivery of health care services to adults and children on an inpatient, outpatient and outreach basis in order to enhance healthy community wellbeing through excellence, accountability and respect for regional diversity. The Clerk Receptionists report directly to the Nurse-in-Charge (NIC). The incumbent provides efficient administrative and clerical services for the Nurse-in-charge, (and other transient health-care professionals) Health Centre staff and patients. The incumbent also provides services between health centre staff, patients, visiting physicians and other health care professionals on a regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good communication and observations skills for reception of the public.
- Basic knowledge of office routine is necessary and also a basic understanding of patient care and treatment.
- Key-boarding skills
- Computer knowledge in word-processing, database, spreadsheets and communications software.
- The incumbent must be able to keep confidential information confidential.
- Ability to speak the aboriginal language and knowledge of interpretation/translation practices is an asset.
- The incumbent must be able to meet and deal pleasantly and effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds in order to effectively greet callers/visitors who are irrational and emotional and determine their actual situation and requirements.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The foregoing knowledge, ability and skills would normally be acquired through completion of a minimum of grade 10, general office procedures course and related experience that are required to perform the secretarial and clerical functions of the job.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.